But the cute thing about the heat is that Lu often will just run around in her diaper. This video is from last Wednesday night when she was playing a new game. She likes to run down the hall with both her and us calling "There she goes!" then return to the triumphant proclamation of "Here she Comes!" Very funny, and cute.
This past weekend we had friends stay on Friday night after the Oregon Brewers Festival. Lucia and I did not go, as the heat and crowds were looking to be too much for me, and neither of us can drink anyway. :-) So we ran errands while Alex and friends were there, and later all met up at Andina Restaurant, one of our favorite places in Portland, for dinner. We had a sitter for Lu (and I didn't get her home till almost midnight! Yipes!) - and enjoyed a fun evening.
Lucia is growing and understanding more and more all the time. This morning she wanted to read a book, and I told her to get the Monkey Book (Ten Naughty Little Monkeys by Suzanne Williams). This book was stacked in a canvas box in her room, and she couldn't see it. She came running back from her room and said "Where'd the Monkey Book go?" It was super cute. Then just now I was feeding her lunch and gave her some cheerios and raisins at the end. She managed to spill them all on the ground. I told her to pick them up and put them in the cup. Here she is obediently following my instructions. We'll see how long that lasts!
| From Lucia July |
| From Lucia July |
I love the video! How adorable!! OMG too, I'm so jealous that you're getting air conditioning. How much is it costing you??
ReplyDeleteGo Lucia, already a runner like her mama. Congrats on the AC. While you're complaining about how cold it is inside your house and you can't find your sweater, I'll be busy mopping up the sweat off my floor.
ReplyDeleteThe picture of you showing the belly with Baby Jones #2 is priceless with Lucia imitating. We are impressed with Lucia playing soccer too. Love you all. Mom
ReplyDelete