Saturday, July 4, 2009

Children's Museum

I took Lucia to the Children's Museum yesterday afternoon for Free First Friday Night. Every first Friday of the month, the Children's Museum is open for free from 5-8 pm with a 1:5 parent to child max ratio. Alex was busy brewing his latest IPA, so Lucia and I showed up promptly at 5 and spend 1.5 hours playing with the builders blocks, in the doctor's office where she did great on the computer, in the grocery store, then the infant's room where she had fun going "Up the Stairs" - nice cushy soft stairs, a train room, and a digging room with ground up sneakers for "gravel." It was very good for her, I think. She was quite stimulated and played a ton - not necessarily with the other kids, but "near" them. And the best part is it is 8:10 am now and she is STILL sleeping!!! She went down around 8:30 last night, and did not wake up all night long (she has been waking for short crying spells lately, not always requiring us to go in, but sometimes). So I can even type this in peace.

Apologies for the poor resolution, but I forgot the camera (horror!) and had to use my out-dated cell phone to take photos. Here is Lucia on the Emergency Room computer:
From Lucia July


Here she is playing with the train:
From Lucia July

And here she is driving the kids' size MAX car!
From Lucia July

Still waiting on those iPhone photos from Alex for our park trip. I guess I'll post out of chronological order this time. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment