Sunday, July 12, 2009

IKEA Items Getting Use and Dinner With Lily

Saturday night marked the first night that Lucia actually SLEPT in her new Big Girl Bed from IKEA. I had been getting her to sit on it, jump on it, point at the fish on the new comforter (which she isn't actually using yet, seeing as keeping her with the same blankets from the old bed makes for an easier transition), and reading books on it this past week. But last night after Nate & Nicole & Lily and Karen all left, she was exhausted and went right down on the Big Girl Bed. I fully expected at least one middle of the night wake-up, but at 7:22 am, I was the one walking into her room to get her up in time for Church. It was great!

Also, Lucia has been using her new Art Table from IKEA. We tape paper to it and she sits on the perfectly sized child chair and colors.

I have to add that Lucia is finally sitting and hiding in the great IKEA Egg Chair from Grandma & Grandpa Jones from her 1st birthday. We think she was a bit intimidated by it at first, but tonight she had a ball using it to play Peek-A-Boo!

Here is Lu coloring at the Art Table:
From Lucia July

Here is a shot of Lucia in her Big Girl Bed:
From Lucia July

Where's Lucia?
From Lucia July

There she is!
From Lucia July


Also this past weekend, as mentioned above, we had Nate & Nicole & Lily Mather over for dinner, and Karen Sackos. Lily is adorable, and really looks a lot like Nate right now. Though she has darker hair, it has really lightened up since her birth, and you can see her blond roots! Apparently Nicole also had dark hair when she was born, but it was blond by the time she turned 1. I think Lily is on the same track.

Lucia was good around Lily, didn't seem to be upset or jealous when I would hold her. But when I walked Lily around the house, I'd find Lucia following us often to see what was going on. Lucia also liked to point to different parts of Lily's body (toes, knees, etc). We drew the line above the elbow - don't need any eyes being poked out at this young age! Lily will be 2 months next week.


Great expressions all around:
From Lucia July

The kid's a total ham for attention (and adorable too!):
From Lucia July


Finally, in our weekly Sunday belly shots, we have a nice photo of Lucia giving some love to her new baby brother or sister:
From Lucia July



That's all for now, folks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ands! Fun catching up on life in the Jones Family after not reading for a few days. Lucia's hair seems to be getting lighter in these pictures too. She has so much expression too. :)

    ReplyDelete