Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ama's Musings

My mom will periodically send me emails about what the kids have been doing that she and my dad enjoy.  It is pretty cute from the perspective of reading about the girls, but also for my mom's English, which is her second language.  It's decent, but I can just picture her saying these things as I read these emails.  Here is the most recent one.  Love you, Mom!

Hi Andrea,

Dad was telling me that Lucia hit her toe on something yesterday, and she said, " My Toe is broken!" So he told her to come to him so he could check it out. He said she had broken the corner of her toe nail. He told her you broke the corner of your toenail. Then she said, " I need a band aid for my toe nail." It was so cute how she thought it was her toe that was broken. She doesn't know the difference yet. She saw something that broke off and she thought it was her toe. What as sweetie pie she is.

I also wanted to tell you about her tricycle riding in the garage.

Your Dad says she wants him to sit in a certain corner in the garage to watch her ride her tricycle. Then she comes to him and says, "I am going to work. Look at the time? ( and she looks at the pretend clock on the wall). She says, "It is 6:45, ... 46, 47, 48... I have to go to work. See you later." Ah-pa says, "thank you for coming to visit me. See you later". Then she rides to the other side of the garage and stops for a minute. Then she rides a little more and gets out of her tricycle and walks to the other corner. Then she gets back on her tricycle and comes to Ah-Pa again and says it all over again.

"It is 6:45,, 46, 47, 48. It is getting late, I have to go to work. Ah- pa says again, Thank you for coming to visit me. I will see you later.

He says it is just so cute.

We sit here at home after we get back from your guys' house, and smile at each other at the things the girls do.

Magdalena was hiding in Momma and Dadda's bed. She would get under the top cover with Lucia and hide. Both girls loved doing that. They loved having Ap-Pa come and hide his head under the covers with them too.

Last Monday, 4 days ago, I was baking cookies with the girls again. The second time for Magdalena. Lucia loves to cut them out and color them. Magdalena likes to color them. But she does not have the hang of it yet. She pokes the Q-tips way too hard and makes holes in the cookies. She likes to play with the colors I make with the egg yolk and food colors. She wants to stir up the color and use the same Q-tips on all the colors.

I was thinking Lucia was not even a year old when I started to make the cut out cookies with her. But with Magdalena, I didn't start until after you got back from China. I will be making some more sugar cookie dough to bring up to Portland to bake some more with them again.

See you soon.
Love you all.
MOM

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! You'll love having these emails to read back on. I wish I had saved more of my mom's emails, since you really can imagine them saying these things in person :)

    ReplyDelete