Friday, May 20, 2011

Relay for Life

First I want to say THANK YOU to those of you who have already donated to this cause - it means a lot to me!!!! Thank you thank you!

I am going to post this on my blog in case anyone is able to donate at this time... I have upped my goal to $1000 and have $400 to go as of this writing! To be completely honest, fundraising is one of my LEAST favorite things to do, but participating in charity events is something that I hold dear. So hopefully this is a relatively indirect but effective method of raising some money for the American Cancer Society. (another link to my page here!)

I have joined one of the American Cancer Society Relay for Life teams in Portland, OR scheduled for June 25-26. I did this once before (the year between being pregnant with Lucia and Magdalena) and am looking forward to doing it again when I get home from China this year. If you are able to give a little to this charity, I'd certainly appreciate it. Certainly almost everyone is touched by cancer in some way - if not a family member (or even yourself), then surely a friend or acquaintance. Every little bit helps!

When I registered online, I was issued my own personal fundraising web page. It explains what Relay For Life is and why I chose to get involved. My web page also has my fundraising goal and how much money I’ve raised so far.

Please visit my page, and while you’re there....why not make a donation to the American Cancer Society?

Your donation will help the American Cancer Society create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. The amount you donate will count towards my fundraising goal.

Thank you so much for your help!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment