Monday, May 30, 2011

Angry Birds

This game has become somewhat of a cultural phenomenon among our friends with young kids, and Lucia is no exception.  The latest and greatest in mobile device apps, Angry Birds seems to captivate audiences young and old alike.  My dad plays it.  My husband plays it.  And most recently, my daughter plays it.

Granted, Lucia plays only with Alex.  I don't complain because it is a special time for the two of them to do things together.  In fact, after a 15 minute bout of Angry Birds, Lucia is more inclined to want Daddy to lie down in bed next to her to say prayers than if she hasn't played with him.  Of course, it helps if Daddy has also read her a book too, I won't abandon the old-fashioned forms of entertainment completely for its modern-day equivalent.

Still, it's pretty cute when Lucia tells me that Daddy and her played the "NEW" Angry Birds today, and informs me that she can show me how to do it too.  I must admit, I have yet to succumb to this new form of entertainment, having never been the video-game type myself.  One of these days I'll be like those middle aged parents who claim, surely rightly so, that their kids are more proficient in today's technology than they are!


Can you tell what they're doing?
From Blog All Five
Aha!!! Angry Birds!
From Blog All Five

For the record, I will also disclose that my mom does not like Angry Birds. Her reason? "Those poor little birds!" Go figure. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Jude loves to play Angry Birds too. I let him play on my phone during trips in the car or airplane. He does play by himself most of the time, although he likes to watch me play as well.

    ReplyDelete