Overdue on several fronts, both the blog post and just having friends over for dinner, we hosted Ben, Annie, Chippy, Linden, E Ben, Jude, and Ada for dinner a few Sundays ago at our house. Other than my parents, I they were the first people we had over for dinner since we returned home from China.
Of course, all the pictures are of the kids - they all seem to really enjoy each other's company. It may be that we find things that they mutually like to do together - keeping the older two and younger two paired off. E Ben took Lucia and Jude outside when they first arrived to ride bikes and trikes, and Jude managed to fall into the annoying pot hole puddle just in front of our driveway (which has FINALLY been repaired as of just a few days ago!). Since his pants were virtually soaked, he borrowed a pair of Lucia's. He chose the aqua blue ones with the little crinkles on the sides of the ankles to wear. Poor Jude. If the Cornetts' and our dreams ever do come true and he ends up marrying Lucia, you KNOW I'm doing one of those childhood poster board things with all the photos of him wearing her clothes (Cinderella dresses, aqua pants)... Oh Jude, I promise that's the worst thing I'll ever do to you as a mother-in-law!
Magdalena tries to get everyone to play ball with her!
No really, Ada, it's YOUR turn!
Here are Jude and Lucia getting ready to watch a Curious George movie. You can see Jude sporting the aforementioned aqua pants!
Totally absorbed:
These girls will be such good friends!
I love ALL of these adorable pictures. Thanks for posting!
ReplyDelete