Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day and Farmer's Market

Last Sunday for Mother's Day we went to Mass and didn't do much else.  Lucia had made me a little gift from her daycare, and Alex took her out Saturday to buy me a potted flower and she got to paint the pot.  I did get both of my girls on video saying Happy Mother's Day, like I did with Lucia when she was 19  months old.  I planned to do that every year, but kind of forgot last year.  From now on, right? :-)

My folks came up to help us out on Thursday through Saturday morning, which was great. I was able to get things done during the day Thurs and Fri, and Friday night Alex and I went to dinner at some friends' house while the girls enjoyed some spoiling from Ama and Apa at home. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Yesterday (Saturday) we went to the Farmer's Market for our annual CSA with Sungold Farm. We received five herbs and one snap-pea plant, which my wonderful husband planted in the afternoon when it did not rain despite the weather prediction. In the evening last night we headed over to some friends with Engaged Encounter for a group meeting, and the girls enjoyed playing and being the center of attention with all our friends who have older kids and seem quite nostalgic about this young age. I know everyone says the young ages won't last forever, and surely someday I'll look back on this post and sigh, but right now with two under four and the promise of more to come, it does feel like we'll have someone in diapers in our household for a long time to come. :-)

I also need to start recording some of the funny things our girls say and do. Like Lucia saying, "I need to ask you a question" and proceeding to tell us a statement. Magdalena and her "No!" even when she means yes ("Do you want to watch a movie?"). Lucia putting her babies to bed in the little doll beds we bought in China - supposedly one for each, but since Magdalena doesn't care about them yet, Lucia has taken over on both. She'll put her babies down for "nap" and tell us to "Shhh!!!!" Magdalena saying "Hi!" to the gentleman sitting behind her at Mass during the Eucharistic Prayer. Magdalena getting in either car and immediately asking for a "movie?!" - backfire on adding the DVD player to our new car! Lucia pedaling her tricycle for the first time by herself - starting in the garage and now on the street too - just this past Thursday. Magdalena saying "I love Pooh Bear!" and not wanting to go anywhere without it. Magdalena singing the entirety of the "Do-Re-Mi" song from The Sound of Music. Lucia insisting on brushing my hair after I brush hers, and asking me "Does that hurt, Mama?" Yes, they can be holy terrors sometimes, but for the most part our girls are sweeties and provide us with such laughter and joy - what a true blessing.

Here are some videos and pics for your enjoyment:



Magdalena says Happy Mother's Day!

Lucia says Happy Mother's Day!

I love Church!
From Blog All Five
So cute together!
From Blog All Five
Family fun at the Farmer's Market
From Blog All Five

No comments:

Post a Comment