Sometimes I think that I am not working with Magdalena on new skills as much as I did with Lucia. This is for many reasons: it is busier with two kids, we are constantly driving around so Magdalena spends a lot of time in the carseat, many things are disgusting here in China, so she spends lots of time in the Bjorn too (like at parks, Discoveryland, or the sandbox when Lucia is running around). This may or may not have something to do with the fact that she is 10 months today (11th August) and not yet really crawling. She does scoot backwards - has been for two months now - and just a few days ago she started to pull herself forwards while on her stomach. She just hates bending her knees! She will pull to standing on the Music Table, or by tugging at my shirt and using my outstretched arms (I hold them taut, but don't help her up). But she just doesn't seem that interested in being really mobile.
Still, it took me looking through old photos of Lucia to realize there are some other things I was not doing with Magdalena, and one of them was allowing her to feed herself with a fork. Lucia fed herself kiwi at 9 months 1 week (well, that's when I took a photo of it, at least). So Magdalena should be able to do it too!
Sure enough, as soon as I gave her the watermelon on a fork, she made a beeline for her mouth. She probably would have been able to do it earlier if I had just thought of it sooner... good grief, Mama!
Here it is, folks! Watermelon With A Fork!
| From Blog All Two |
| From Blog All Two |
| From Blog All Two |
First thing I thought when I saw Lucia's picture was wow, looks like Alex and Magdalena looks like you but seems to depend on the picture. The dancing in the open square sounds really cool.
ReplyDelete