Monday, July 19, 2010

Cornett House, Tia Belmita's, and Fun in the Tub

Last week we drove from Portland to Eugene to spend the weekdays at Ama and Apa's house. We stopped in Salem to see my Tia Belimita and Tio Jose for some yummy favas - a true Portuguese treat! Tia and Tio babysit their granddaughter Emily (15 months), so we got to play a little with her too!

The girls didn't nap much in the car, sadly, so it was bath and bed early tonight. We made a little video for Dada in the tub, since we miss him so much!

I wanted to blog a few things the girls are doing. As mentioned before, Magdalena is clapping now. She is also starting to wave bye-bye! She did this to the doctor last Friday, and did it tonight again to Ama & Apa when I took her off to bed. One thing I haven't mentioned before is that she turns the page when prompted (and sometimes when not) in her board books - this has been going on since mid-May, so since 7.5 months. She has also expanded her vocabulary to include "Ba-Ba", and my mom swears she said dog ("dah-guh") the other day (like Sat the 10th). I haven't heard this yet. Oh, and she is getting on all fours more often now, and hopefully we'll get some crawling soon. Also, she stood at the music table today for at least 15 minutes on her own - loving it!

Lucia is such a ball of laughs!! She learns so many new words daily, and makes lots of jokes. Tonight I was reading her Piglet's Christmas or some such story, and was pointing out Eyeore and his green scarf. She said that Eyeore was wearing a SKIRT, even though she knew it was a scarf, and was laughing like mad! I said it was a SCARF, and she said, No, a SKIRT! This went on for several pages, and included Tigger, Pooh, and Roo, as well as Eyeore. She thought she was pretty funny, and so did my folks. :-) I told her the horse was dead, and she asked "What horse?" Go figure! She can also point to certain words on the page if they appear a lot in a single book(love, I, hugs, etc). And she sings the version of the alphabet song where you practice the sounds of the letters too - more thanks to my mom than me - but I'm hoping this makes her love reading and jump start that process as well! Oh, and finally - she has basically memorized any book we have read to her more than two or three times and can say at least the last word in any given phrase or sentence, if not more. It's pretty cute to have her "read" Mommy Hugs to me, rather than vise versa!

One other thing - we're loving the Cornett house! Thanks again guys for letting us stay while we're in Portland!



Lucia in Jude's car!


From Blog All

Lucia riding Jude's tricycle:

Mama and Girls at Tia Belmita's house:


From Blog All

Mama holding Emily, Lucia, and Magdalena:


From Blog All

Girls in the tub:


From Blog All

Girls missing Dada in the tub:

No comments:

Post a Comment