Friday, July 2, 2010

Backup - First Week In Portland

Just to back up a bit before writing more about Magdalena, I'd like to capture our first week in Portland.

After getting the girls through jet lag, we had some fun adventures! On Thursday the 17th, we met with friends at Wallace Park to celebrate Alex's birthday. I got cupcakes from Saint Cupcake, and most of our terrific Portland friends came out to celebrate with us. Thanks again to Annie for coordinating the gathering!

The gang!
From Blog All

Annie helping Lucia blow flower petals (I think):
From Blog All

I shamefacedly stole these pics from Chippy's Facebook Album (hope you don't mind!), and this is my favorite one:
From Blog All

Good enough to eat!
From Blog All

Our little family!
From Blog All

On Saturday, my birthday, we had a play date at Julie & Miles' house with Miles, Amber & Nia, and my girls. Lucia enjoyed playing with Julie's "Doggie Sam" and eating blueberry pancakes, and the kids had fun playing together.

Magdalena and Miles playing - only 3 weeks apart in age!
From Blog All

All the kids except baby Nia playing:
From Blog All

We also were able to spend Saturday evening with friends from Engaged Encounter. Thanks again to the Saxmans for hosting my birthday dinner!

Here is Magdalena playing at the Saxmans - they have great kids toys that they keep for their grandkids, and our girls took advantage of the opportunity to play!
From Blog All

Thanks again guys! (ironically, the only folks you can't see in this pic are the Saxmans, sitting on the loveseat to the left. :-)
From Blog All

I love the little bear bottom in this pic...!
From Blog All

Next up... Magdalena surgery Days 2 and 3...!

No comments:

Post a Comment