Monday, February 8, 2010

Rolling and Outing

Magdalena rolled about 6 times in a row on Sunday (Super Bowl Sunday). Only towards the last few did I wise up and grab the video camera. But I kept missing the beginning - I'd prop her up, grab the camera, and she was already off to the races. Here's the best I could do:

Photo op of the same:
From Blog All


Sunday was a pretty fun day, actually. We got up and hit Mass at our beloved St Thomas More Parish. Doughnuts and coffee were fun after, Lucia was running around with some older girls (4th, 6th, 8th grade daughters of friends from Church). This helped keep her longing gazes towards the playground outside at bay. :-) After nursing Magdalena upon our return home, Lucia and I went to Washington Square where I bought some new jeans and a few other clothing articles. Since I hadn't shopped for non-maternity wear for over a year, it was about time! Lucia read the books in the lucy dressing room, and then we had some fun time at the kids play area. We snagged a mini snickerdoodle sample at Mrs Field's, then headed to See's Candy where we got some samples and bought a few chocolates for Dada. Then we took a great trip up and down the escalator. Lucia was begging to go on it, but when we finally got there, she was slightly intimidated. She finally took a tentative step on, and was only slightly terrified when the step started moving up under her feet.

After a few more shops, we headed out through Pottery Barn Kids. Lucia had been begging the whole time to "Push the Stroller, Mama!" so I let her do it for a while. When I asked if she wanted to go "now or in 5 minutes," you can bet she elected the five minute option. Unfortunately, 5 minutes later, her children's amnesia set in and I had to carry her kicking and screaming out of the store. Still, after reminding her of all the fun things we did as we drove home, she was back in high spirits for broccoli and cheese then a very long 2.5 hour nap.

During that time, I took Magdalena out for a walk, as the day was beautiful. When we returned, Alex was already watching the Super Bowl, but after Lucia woke up halfway into the 2nd quarter, I gave up on the Colts and the Saints and took Lu to the park. We played for about an hour, and the game was practically over by the time we got home. Oh well, there's always next year. I'd rather be out enjoying the beautiful day with my great kiddo while I can. :-) (and I really only care about Oregon football anyway, so it wasn't a great hardship not to watch the Super Bowl.)

No comments:

Post a Comment