Monday, September 28, 2009

What a Scream!

Last Friday night, Linden and Jude came over for dinner. What a great time the kids had - Lucia and Jude going NUTSO chasing each other around and screaming. It is so funny for me to watch Lucia because she LOVES the chasing game (recall our blog from the 4th of July when she and another little boy were playing chase on our friends' porch). Still, Jude has only been walking for a little over a month, and is not quite up to running speed yet, so she'd run out of the sunroom and he'd come toddling after her. In the meantime, she'd do back and forth sprints across the kitchen until he arrived. Then she tried to teach him "Ring Around the Rosies" - but although Jude started to wander in circles a bit, he wasn't quite up for "All Fall Down," probably because getting back up would require much more effort than for Lucia!

This is all just giving me such a good feeling about having two kids ... after the first year of little baby time is over, especially. I can't wait to watch our own kids play together, and truly feel that a sibling is one of the greatest gifts parents can give their children. I myself have just the one 2 years younger brother - he is terrific and I love him to pieces! But I always wish that I had more siblings, especially a sister (in addition to my great bro!) - so come what may with this little one (i.e. girl or boy) - I know that Lucia will treasure her sibling in the years to come. And if we're not too worn out, maybe Alex and I will provide these two with some more siblings to boot.

Here is the video of Lucia and Jude - kind of long, but well worth it!

Also, here is one of Lucia from the park on Saturday - hair static and sticking up like a lightning ball from the slide - funny!
From Lucia 9 September 2009

And our neighbor girl, Nicole, played with Lucia on Sunday (though she is a mature 3 years older than Lu!) - here they are tearing up Lucia's alphabet mat:
From Lucia 9 September 2009

Finally, Lucia in the adorable new clothes I bought for her (just can't help myself!) - little flower Gymboree pants and a flower shirt to match - I can see now how come my own mother loved buying clothes for me all the time!
From Lucia 9 September 2009

3 comments:

  1. They're both so cute!!!

    Any signs of Baby 2 making HIS (or her to be fair, but I still think you're having a boy) appearance soon?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video! Thanks for posting it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What little hams you have there! Great video!

    ReplyDelete