Okay - back to where I was. EE BBQ on Saturday - good to see the gang! Despite that there is a 20 week pregnant lady there (with 2 kids already, 10 and 8 yrs, respectively) that barely looks 13 weeks. I'm so jealous. :-)
Not the best pic, but see the lady in the front right - she is 20 weeks along!
| From Lucia 9 September 2009 |
Lu and Mama in a Mama-taken photo:
| From Lucia 9 September 2009 |
Lu and Dada giggling over tickles:
| From Lucia 9 September 2009 |
Then on Sunday I had a full day - was on the phone with some colleagues for my small side business from 7-10 am (Alex went to Church without me, and people we have never spoken to before went up to him after Mass to ask where I was and if we had the baby already!). Apparently Lucia knelt down to pray during the service, and also held Alex's hand during the Our Father, putting the other hand out like he was for someone else to hold - wish I could have been there! Then I had Choir back at St Mary's from 10-12:30 (Mass at 11), and came back to get ready for Natalie & Tom Maciukenas' baby shower at Ben & Annie's that started at 2 (we were late as Lu didn't go down till 1 and I wanted her to sleep for 1 hr 15 mins at least). But the shower was really fun! It was an Italian food BBQ (again some walnut cookies to keep away from Lu) - and since Nattom insist that their house is too small for lots of baby stuff, we elected to have the gift be books, and even put together a scrapbook of photos of all their friends and family for them to show their little one when s/he is born (they are not finding out gender either, but Annie the Baby Whisperer is predicting boy on theirs too). Oh, and since Tom is big into nearly barefoot running, there was a little "feet" theme too.
The adorable Chocolate Feet Natalie's sister Melanie made (she said it was easy with a candy mold, but I know that I'd still mess them up!):
| From NatTom Shower Sept'09 |
The expecting couple preparing with some friends' kids:
| From NatTom Shower Sept'09 |
Lucia loving the balloons! She even took one home with her:
![]() |
| From NatTom Shower Sept'09 |
The gracious hosts, Ben and Annie:
| From NatTom Shower Sept'09 |
Here is one of our pages (we did front/back) - Lucia touching her nose, mouth, and chin:
| From NatTom Shower Sept'09 |
Alex and I looking cute:
| From NatTom Shower Sept'09 |
I love this pic of Lucia and me, despite the overwhelming flash:
| From NatTom Shower Sept'09 |
Also - I wanted to post a pic that Alex took with his film camera from our trip waaaayyy back on Sept 4 to the Children's Museum - of Lucia jumping out of the digging area. He caught her in air - she looks like such a big girl!
Lucia's a JUMPER!
![]() |
| From Lucia 9 September 2009 |


No comments:
Post a Comment