Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Week Off

This was my first week "off" before Baby Jones #2. Considering our crazy weekend and Labor Day (see previous post), I was basically just in need of recovery most of the week! Alex was out of town in Massachusetts for work, so I was flying solo with Lu and a huge belly. Fortunately, Mom was here to help on Tuesday as I had a networking coffee at 8:30, had to go to the condo to check up on some things after, then to the doctor at 11, to the gym to swim, and finally to work at 2 to turn in my last invoice and my laptop, etc.

On Wednesday I took Lu to daycare around 9:45. Since her daycare is in Hillsboro and I did not want to drive back and forth twice that day, she only was there until around 3:15 after I finished my workout and errands. On Thursday we were on a similar program, except that we hit up JC Penny to get the photos from when Alex's folks were in town. I got there at 9:30, but JCP doesn't open till 10, so Lu played at the Washington Square indoor kiddie playground for a half hour until we went in. Then to daycare, and I went for my workout and walk with a friend, a few more errands, and picked her up around 3:20.

Friday Lucia does not go to daycare, and since my dad was flying and my mom had been here Tuesday, they did not come up. Lu and I started on the baby clothes filter and prep for new baby, went for a short walk (thought we'd walk to the library park ~1 mile away - and thought the better of it when a quarter mile took about 25 minutes, and we stopped for every rock, stick, and pinecone along the way! Turned around and ended up driving to the park!). But it was very fun to just let Lucia swing as long as she wanted and do all the things at the park at her own pace until she finally said to me "Library?" So we went to the library and read a few books then came home for lunch.

I've been trying to get Lu potty trained, and Friday she has sat on the potty about 5 times to no avail. I just keep putting her on and reading books and hanging out with her. She was on for about 15 minutes before her nap, but still no dice. I'm hoping to "catch" her one time so I can praise her to the skies and encourage more potty activity. My mother just lets her run around bare-bottomed or in her big girl underpants and she ends up peeing all over everything. If I were not so freaking preggo, maybe I'd be up for that too... but the thought of crouching to clean up pee all over the house is not that appealing. Arg. Lu's daycare provider, Christina, said that Babies R Us has these plastic pants that pull over big-kid underwear so you can let them pee their pants and feel wet (incentive to go on the potty, as diapers don't actually feel wet to the kid) - but not have the mess to clean up. I have to look into this.

I'll leave you with a few photos of me at 37 weeks (today - Sunday) from this and last pregnancy... the big Comparison Blog will come at next week at 38 weeks. Although I definitely look bigger from the profile this time, I am telling you right now that my belly cast is significantly different - last time I grew in width about 2 inches on each side that are not showing (so far!) this time around. Though I appear to make up for that in the front. Circumference measurement taken in early August for both pregnancies was ~42 inches (42 with Lucia, 41.5 with this baby).

37 Weeks Baby #1 (Lucia):

37 Weeks Baby #2:

No comments:

Post a Comment