Recent progress in Lucia's life is to start saying complete sentences starting with the word "I" - "I want more cantaloupe" or "I want go Bridlemile School Park" (comes out more as "Bry-mi" School Park. She also answers questions about things she likes or does not like, and is very curious - "What's that? Mama, what's that? Dada, what's that?" She has been trying out "Mommy" on me - probably because the daycare kids call me "Lucia's Mommy" - but I prefer Mama or Mother. We'll see if we go the Mommy route. Dada hasn't been Daddy too much, so I guess that just means fewer times Alex has picked her up at Daycare. :-)
One other fun thing is that Lucia is not only jumping, but jumping and dancing with her hands in the air at the same time. There is a cute movie we got of this yesterday when my folks were here. It is punctuated towards the end with Lucia wanting the hair tie from my wrist (and you can see my belly as I give it to her).
Jumping and Dancing Across the Room:
Lucia also likes to sing and dance to Ring Around the Rosies, so she was doing that several times yesterday too. This video features the brand new Ikea dog that Dada bought for Lucia on Thursday - what a HIT! Lu takes that dog everywhere - she just loves it!
Lu and the Dog (now named "Sam" since we just met Julie's dog Sammy the other day):
| From Lucia 9 September 2009 |
A Big Dada and Doggie-Bum Hug
| From Lucia 9 September 2009 |
Here is the video of Lucia singing Ring Around the Rosies
We also went to the library with Apa - here is Lucia there:
![]() |
| From Lucia 9 September 2009 |
Soon I will post about the SURPRISE baby shower that Julie & Amber so graciously hosted for me last week - I had no clue it was coming, and it was so sweet! And the big Pregnancy Comparison Blog - dare I make my prediction in print on this baby's gender? Stay tuned to see....!

No comments:
Post a Comment