Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Midweek Zoo Visit

Lucia has been continuing to go to daycare since I've been off work (this is Week 3 of that time), but Wednesday I kept her home because I was invited to the zoo with our friends E Ben and Jude (turns out they could not go due to a prior engagement, but they still met us and got us in with their annual pass!). Usually the most time I spend with Lu is on the weekends, or the occasional Friday when I get home from work early. However, I really enjoyed having Wednesday with her too - would be a nice schedule to get Wednesdays off in a normal workweek.

Anyway, Lucia loved the zoo. She especially liked the Sea Lions - we went to them for about 15-20 minutes the first time (in Stellar Cove), walked past and saw some other stuff, then she wanted to go back for another 10-15 mins or so when I finally pried her away with promises of snacks and elephants (the latter of which she really did not care about until we got there).

Here is Lu watching the Sea Lions:
From Lucia 9 September 2009

Sitting in the Eagle's nest:
From Lucia 9 September 2009

Watching that "cute" grizzly bear!
From Lucia 9 September 2009

Mmmmm.... grapes!
From Lucia 9 September 2009


We also saw the Primates Cave, the wolves, and the Elephants - but harder to take photos when you're 38.5 weeks pregnant and the only one with your kid at the zoo. Still, we had a blast... and I don't think I'm going to pop before Oct 3 - despite all the wishful thinking. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment