Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dangit Ducks! At Least I Got A Cute Cheerleading Outfit Out of It

Well, the Oregon Ducks have not been to the Rose Bowl since 1995. My mom even wore the 1995 sweatshirt for the game last Friday. At least Lucia wore her adorable Oregon cheerleader outfit for the game! That was definitely the highlight of our day.
From Blog All

Magdalena smiling at her big sister
From Blog All

We went to Eugene with the whole family for the game. And I do mean the WHOLE family - my mom's side anyway. My mom invited all her siblings to meet Magdalena, and they all came except Uncle Tony who is in LA, and his daughter is M's Godmother, so they've met her already. It was pandemonium, but very fun as usual.
Here is a shot of some of us (not Lucia) watching the game:
From Blog All

Here's what the rest of the family was doing while others watched the game - It's called "Ped do Galinha" or "Chicken Foot" - my Avo's special domino game that she totally rocks at. I won one of 4 hands later that evening. Though I enjoy playing (and I tend to be competitive at all games), I have to say that I very infrequently win this one, so that was a nice change!
From Blog All

Here are a bunch of the cousins:
From Blog All

And Lucia's butt-tights are classic. Too bad that is kind of representative of how the Ducks ended up doing... we got our rears kicked in the end (though not as bad as our horrible loss in '95 to Penn State):
From Blog All


Oh well, better luck next time, Ducks! And in the meantime, Happy New Year to all!

2 comments:

  1. Boo hoo..sorry the ducks didn't pull it through this time...but looked like you all had fun anyway! Hey, at least they made it to that point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little cheerleader-even though she is wearing green and yellow!

    ReplyDelete