Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Wonderful Day

Today has been one of the best days I've had for a long time. Not that my days are not usually good, but today was especially great!

It started by my getting to go for a nice 10 (maybe 10.5?) mile run at Forest Park this morning. Thanks to Nickie for doing 5 miles with me - even though she's running the Vancouver Lake Half tomorrow!

Then I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some groceries (and got a tasty sample of a lemon tea cake and a mini cup of coffee too!). When I got home, I was greeted by the most wonderful sound of Alex & Lucia giggling upstairs. They were watching Pooh's Great Adventure with Madalena living it up in the Gymini and having tickle time fun.

After my shower, Magdalena went down for a nap, and I played with Lucia. Alex got his workout in, and we had lunch. Then Magdalena woke up and Lucia went down for a nap at 12:50. Alex went to a golf lesson, and I played with Magdalena for two hours. When Lucia woke up at 3, Magdalena went back down for 40 minutes and we played some more. Magdalena woke up shortly after Alex returned, and once I nursed her, the four of us walked to the Library Park. Lucia played and Magdalena enjoyed the Bjorn and her first time on the swing (in the Bjorn with me, that is!). We walked home and Alex made pasta with sausage and greens for dinner. Mmmmm!!!

The girls both took baths, Alex bathing Magdalena, and me bathing Lucia. Then our little ritual of nursing while Alex read The Cat in the Hat, and both girls to bed!

Alex and I had our time together and watched an episode of Agatha Christie's Poirot (a BBC television series that we are hooked on). And now we're going to bed. What a great day!!

Here are some photos of Lucia and Magdalena in the Exersaucer from the past few days. Magdalena was in it about a week and 2 days ago for the first time, but Lucia decided that she wanted to spend time in it (though she didn't really like it as a baby), so Magdalena hasn't had much chance. I put her in today while Lu was napping, and she enjoyed her reflection in the mirror:
From Blog All

Lucia loves being in it too!
From Blog All

And here is some fun independent play that was occurring while Alex made dinner. Magdalena was gripping these plastic keys and shaking them all around while Lucia played with her doll house. Super cute!

Oh, and here is a video from a few days ago with Magdalena in the Baby Bumbo seat. She is inadvertently hitting the buttons on this little doctor's kit electronic toy that Lucia loves. I get tend to get irritated with the toy as it never stops spouting out "Emergency!" But this is pretty funny:

No comments:

Post a Comment