Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fun in the Run

Today is 1 day shy of the end of what I have fondly termed as my "6 Week Sentence" and I went running! Well, it wasn't exactly RUN running, more like shuffling, but I wore my capri tights, a running shirt, my running jacket, and carried my iPod all the same. It was only a ~4 mile loop around our house (which does include several hills), but it was so very NICE to be out there again. Thank Goodness! I had no real pain, just a little pulling feeling where my cesarean scar was, but that is probably what I'd feel whenever I started running again, not just Day 1 (minus 1, so to speak).

I hope to enter the Hagg Lake Muddy Trail Run on Saturday, February 20, and do the 25K (about 15 miles). I think that will be a good "come back" race, since it is on trail, and I won't feel like I have to really race it, plus I have a good 3 months to get ready. Maybe I'll find some shorter races before then, but given the time sink of two children, I'm not going to stress that.

Here are some photos of Dada and "His Girls" to leave you with. Also, Magdalena on tummy time - which she loves, and is very good at! Finally, Lucia and I met up with her friend Jacob Jewett from daycare today at the Munchkin Playground. Lucia loves Jacob, and since his mom also had a baby (little girl) on October 22, we are doing a "split" with our kids at daycare. Meaning we each send our kid 2 days, and every other third day, but they never get to go at the same time. So Lu hadn't seen Jake since September, and was VERY excited to see him today. They were screaming and running after each other, and gave each other hugs and kisses before they left. Jacob is about 4 months older than Lucia, and probably could be called her litte "boyfriend." Shhhh!!! Don't tell Dada!
Alex, Lu, and Lena - reading a book (and Lu "helping" with Lena's paci):
From 11 November 2009

Magdalena getting her head up (I missed the really high angle):
From 11 November 2009

Here are Lucia and Jacob - bad quality from my cell phone as I forgot a camera:
From 11 November 2009

1 comment: