Friday, October 16, 2009

Home Update

We brought Magdalena home from the hospital on Wednesday evening. Due to the "No Visitors" policy, Ama and Apa met us with Lucia in the downstairs lobby so we could have some family bonding time before driving home with our nuclear family of four. Lucia gave a little baby gift for the baby, and the baby gave Lucia a book called "I'm a Big Sister!" A friend gave us this idea, which I thought was a good one, to try and engender some affection right off the bat. Not that affection was lacking on Lucia's part - she loves her baby sister! She wants to hold her a lot, is not phased by her crying ("Oh, the baby's crying!"), and now knows to answer the question "What's your sister's name?" by saying "Baby Magdalena." (Before she just said "Baby." :-)

I'm just adjusting to life at home. Alex went back to work Thurs, but Lu was home with Ama and Apa and Lena and me. Today we had Lucia's 2 year doctor's appointment, and Magdalena's 5 day appointment - Lena peed twice, pooped (yellow!) once, drank an expressed bottle, and had to get an outfit change all in the span of our 1 hour at the doctor! I'm slowly weaning myself down on the narcotics (oxycodon) and ibuprofin pain meds, and went for a good walk today too.

Thanks to Julirose for your helpful advice and support dealing with postpartum cesarean, as well as all the friends and family who have expressed their concern and stories in response to our email announcement - I am amazed at how many people have had unexpected cesareans, as well as how many have had successful VBACs. I'll be calling out for more advice in a year or two when (God willing) we will be going for Baby Jones #3. I guess just that I am even thinking about the next one goes to show that it's not all that bad. :-)

Photos from our homecoming and past few days:

Family Reuninon
From 10 October 2009

Sisters!
From 10 October 2009

Dada and Daughter #2:
From 10 October 2009

Apa has the magic pinkie:
From 10 October 2009

Magdalena's first bath:
From 10 October 2009

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures Ands! I love the one of Lucia and Lena especially. I'm looking forward to meeting your second daughter on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that photo of the three girls is so precious. Lucia is such a good big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great seeing you and meeting Lena last night. Love the first sister pics.

    ReplyDelete