Why today, you ask?
Well, a few reasons.
One - Lucia is sick. Like the throw up/diarrhea kind of sick, and she has been sleeping most of the day away. So I have been contemplating this, and I have a little extra time.
Two - We are going to Hawaii on Monday for 10 days (yippee!!!). I thought it might be nice to post there.
Three - I'd have to start sometime, why not now?
Okay - so enough of that. There are just a few things to start with, I think. One of the most important to get out there to my fellow mother friends is that I learned two tricks to getting Lucia to consume food whilst she is ill (and basically wants to eat and drink next to nothing). First - the dropper that we usually use for her peach-flavored fluoride is a great way to get the disgusting Pedialyte into her system (someone tell me if there is a flavor that is better tasting than apple, because Lu hates that one). Second - when she won't eat the BRAT diet (bananas, rice/pasta, applesauce, toast/crackers) - let them eat cake! Or in Lucia's case, doughnuts. Lu loves doughnuts. We always go to the coffee hour after Church on Sundays, and lately she has taken to asking for "doughnuts?" at least 3 times during Mass. So I figured - what the heck? She loves doughnuts, she probably will eat one even now - and the 3 of us were off to Sesame Donuts. She ate 2/3rds of a glazed doughnut, which was more than she had eaten in one sitting all day, and even was up for a short visit to the park afterwards. This was probably the first time that she did not cry as we left.
I am going to end this post with some recent photos - nothing of the last few sick days, but some cute ones from enjoying the sun in Our Fair City Portland, OR this past few weeks.
If you click on the photos, you can get to our Picasa albums for more pics!
| From Lucia May 2009 |
Lucia loved the penguins at the zoo on Memorial Day!
| From Zoo Memorial Day 52509 |
So fun to be on Dada's shoulders!
| From Zoo Memorial Day 52509 |
Lucia loves the new baby.
| From Lucia May 2009 |
Yay! I love the photo of Lu pointing at BJ2...:)
ReplyDeleteYea! Welcome to the blogging world! You're going to love it... and so will all of us :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read updates!
ReplyDelete