Since I'm currently between projects, I've been enjoying being home with the kids for the past few weeks. Afternoons are fun as I've been trying to get in our share of playdates with Lucia's friends and just do thinks with the kids. Last week we had Mia over Tuesday, Avery over Thursday, and this week we had Eamon over today.
Lucia has been very specific in who she wants to have over, and she adamantly wanted Eamon! Although Lucia has played with Jude several times, she has never had a play date with a little boy from preschool, and I wasn't sure that Eamon would be so keen on playing dress up and house as Lucia has been doing with her other friends. But she's pretty adaptable, and when I approached Eamon's mom about it, she told me that Eamon has been asking to have a playdate with Lucia too!
As an aside, many of you know that if Lucia had been a boy (we didn't find out with her or Magdalena) she would have been named Eamon. Too funny! The same for Magdalena, actually. But by the time John Paul came around, we figured that our statute of limitations on that name was up! Hey, maybe if we have another one, and it's a boy...
 |
| Lucia and Avery in princess dresses |
 |
| Avery was great about playing with Magdalena |
 |
| I bought some face paint makeup for the girls' Halloween costumes and they wanted to be a cat and mouse, respectively (M, L) - not sure how that turned out! :-) |
 |
| Too bad so fuzzy (phone pic) but JP just LOVES these little cars like this one at Pump it Up from last weekend |
 |
| Another fuzzy phone pic, but thanks to the Cornetts for inviting us over for cider, pumpkin bread, and jack-o-lantern carving! |
 |
| I just love this shirt of JP's! |
 |
| Lucia and I made her magic fairy wand one afternoon for her Halloween costume - she chose all the red bows herself :-) |
 |
| Eamon and Lucia playing puzzles (they also rode bikes/scooters) - he was so great! |
 |
| JP and Magdalena played in the sunroom |
 |
| John Paul loves this car ramp thing (CAH!) |
 |
| True to form, Lucia changed clothes in the middle of the play date. At least she put on a dress that I really like! |
No comments:
Post a Comment