Alex and I took the girls and JP to
Alpenrose Dairy's Christmas in Dairyville last Sunday night. They have a Santa House (open daily) and Storybook Lane (open only Fri - Sun) with little "shops" housing model trains, bakeries, petting zoos, an Opera House showing movies, and other shops. Unfortunately, due to naps and just trying to get three kids out the door, we didn't get there until 5:30 pm and the whole thing closes at 6. But I am still glad we went! Since it is free, there was no harm to go late. And the girls just loved it!
I have to say, I was a bit skeptical at first of what it would be like, but when we got there and saw the adorable setup - like an old fashioned western town with boardwalks and a cute sleigh in the center square gazebo, we fell in love. The girls were enthralled by the two model train rooms, and then we squeezed in one of the petting zoo "lanes" where Magdalena had to be convinced to leave the goats she was petting! Both girls enjoyed the tail end of the very old (as in I remember it from when I was a kid!) Frosty the Snowman movie showing in the Opera House, and we picked up Take and Bake pizza on the way home to complete our family outing afternoon.
I highly recommend anyone take their young kids to the Alpenrose Dairy this Christmas season - only a few days left to go! We were going to return for the Santa House (line was too long Sunday afternoon) but then Santa made a guest appearance at the girls' pre-school Christmas performance pot-luck, and neither kid wanted to sit on his lap there (for free!). When I told Lucia that you had to sit on Santa's lap for a picture to see him at the Santa House, she changed her tune about wanting to go back. Oh well, no picture with Santa this year!
Lucia looking at the train:
Magdalena and Lucia in the second train room:
Petting the goats!
Watching the lamb:
Lucia in the Petting Zoo lane:
Sitting in the dairy "shop":
Watching the chickens:
Even a nativity!
The girls in the sleigh (love Magdalena's lip!):
Someone graciously offered to take a shot of the whole family:
Fun for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment