Friday, March 11, 2011

Typical Meal

Juanzi cooks for us on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays now. Originally she came MWF, then moved to every day in the evenings and cooking 4-5 days a week. For the last month, however, she's been coming Mon and Tues all day, Wed and Thurs in the mornings (so I cook in the evenings) and Friday from 2-10 or so for our date night, cooking for the girls.

This is a typical meal - she makes two dishes of mostly veg with a little meat, usually pork, but also chicken or beef at times - and rice or another grain. I brought quinoa here from the US after our first trip home last summer, and she really liked it, so I brought some for her and us the next time. I also had brown rice, lentils, bulgur, and pearl barley in the cabinet for her to mix with the white rice.

Juanzi is an excellent cook, though she claimed to not know how to cook well before starting to cook for us. Apparently her husband does all the cooking at her home!



This meal is carrots, peppers, onions and chicken on the left, and this awesome green that is kind of like a cross between green beans and green onions with pork on the right. Mmmmmm!!!
From Blog All Four

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy! So-did you learn how to make dumplings?

    ReplyDelete