So we live in this place called Sunshine Mediterranean Sea, "resort" villa style living in our area of China. However, we are literally the 2nd family to move in here, and the places are for the most part under construction still. AND the entire area out here is under development - the lot behind our place to the east is just now being razed for construction, and the one before you get to our place to the west is in the middle of erecting steel cross beams to pour concrete into.
Last night at the site to the east, they decided to work ALL NIGHT with dump trucks and bulldozers - making an enormous racket of metal clanging on metal and a high pitched whine that sounded uncannily like a baby crying (to me). We barely slept all night. Fortunately the girls were fine, but Alex & I got about 2 hours of sleep total. And NOW in the unit next to ours, they are drilling some cabinets or mirrors or something, and the girls are not able to nap. So this we are completely sleep deprived (I want to nap too!!!) and unable to sleep.
ARG! You just take for granted normal work hours! I can basically understand the daytime work, but the after 7 pm straight through all night is AWFUL. We told them that they will need to locate us in a hotel or something until the night work is done if they can't do anything to stop this other development from doing it.
| From Blog All |
The not done courtyard area of where we live:
| From Blog All |
video of the noise next door:
Update! The Sunshine Med people negotiated with the construction team to the east to NOT construct between 8 pm and 6:30 am - we'll see how it goes! Alex thinks they may have gotten the local ordinance involved... I don't care HOW they did it as long as we get some sleep. :-) (AND I was able to take a 1 hour nap, so I feel better now too!)
Glad you got it worked out. Sleep deprivation at the hands of anyone other than your children is just wrong.
ReplyDelete