Monday, December 14, 2009

Enjoying Family Friday Christmas and Magdalena's Two Month Stats!

Last weekend, Ben and Annie hosted a Christmas version of Family Friday (so it was a Saturday this time, but that was good because Alex literally got off the plane from China and came to the party!). We love going to their house and seeing friends. It is so great, because we just cook a little (or bring salad, like last weekend) and get to eat terrific food, catch up with everyone and their kiddos, and get a little break, as Annie loves to hold babies (and Ben too!), and Lucia loves running around chasing Oso the doggie, and just playing in general. Plus, Ben and Annie are so generous with their home and everyone is so kid-friendly, it is easy to just sit back with some wine and let other people parent our kids for an adult-ish evening.

Here are some of my favorite pics from this past Christmas Family Friday.
Lily's hairdo is priceless!
From 12 December 2009

Hard to believe that Magdalena is not Cameron & Sasha's child:
From 12 December 2009

Annie actually got Magdalena to fall asleep (Baby Whisperer, don't worry if your guess on her gender was wrong - you have the baby touch!)
From 12 December 2009

Their third party of the day, and Peter & Halina are still holding up strong!
From 12 December 2009

Lucia and Paloma kickin' it under the table:
From 12 December 2009

Driscoll! Did you get your baby brother-to-be's ball too?
From 12 December 2009

Lucia and Mama enjoying the tree:
From 12 December 2009

I don't know if any exist of ALL kids looking at the camera... but this is pretty cute (and congrats again to Natalie & Tom and baby Liana!):
From 12 December 2009


In other news, Friday the 11th was Magdalena's 2-month birthday. She went to the doc today (14th) and is (Ta-DUM) 15 lbs, 24.75 inches, with a head circumference of 40 cm. In percentiles, her weight is so far off the charts, she must be the heaviest 2-month old on the face of the planet. Her height is at the top of the 99th percentile line, and her head circumference is at 75%. She eats 6-7 times a day, and typically that is ~4-5 am (yes, I'm lucky), 8 or 9 am, noon, 2:30, 5, and 7. Sometimes we'll have another mini-nursing (dream feed) before bed, and every once in a while she'll still do a midnight-ish wake up (bummer!) too. But after today, I think I'm going to try to just give her the paci and soothe her back to sleep at the 4-5 am time, since she OBVIOUSLY does not need the milk. I'm telling you, even though I've toned down the amount of milk from last time since I'm not pumping nearly as much, and when I do I just go for 4-5 oz for her next feeding, but I must have buttermilk or something. My babies do NOT eat round the clock, but they still gain lots of weight. Oh well! I'd rather have chubby babies than the opposite, and at least I don't have to worry about them getting enough to eat! Plus, Lucia has pretty much grown out of her baby weight, and now when we crack down on dinner or nothing else, if she doesn't finish and goes to bed with no more food, I don't feel bad. She is not a waif. :-)

Magdalena has really been smiling and laughing a ton this past week or so. She really loves to laugh and smile in the morning when she first wakes up, and when she is looking at any sort of light. She tries to "talk" back to us - cooing, and making "Aiiii" sounds in response to "Hi!" She is a champion tummy-timer, and really gets her head and neck up there - pushing her entire chest off the ground sometimes! She looks us straight in the eyes and laughs, which is such a joyful sound. Magdalene also loves her baths; she has never cried once in the tub. The only downside of her increasing awareness is that she is very sensitive to Lucia's crying. Tonight at Lucia's Kindermusik class, she accidentally bumped into another little boy and started to cry. That woke Magdalena up, and she cried pretty much the remainder of the class (about 20 minutes for this poor Mama!).

We have Lucia and Magdalena sleeping in the same room now, which is nice for us. We can more easily watch movies or do things in the kitchen with them both in the back bedroom. They generally go down within 30 minutes of each other, or less. First Lucia, then Magdalena follows. Usually Lucia sleeps through Magdalena's night-time feeding (my picking her up, nursing, then returning her to the crib). But one night last weekend Magdalena woke up, I nursed her, returned her, then Lucia woke up and started to cry, so I tried to soothe her, then Magdalena woke up again and cried - it was back and forth about three times until I finally took Magdalena from the room and put her in the bassinet in the office, and let Lucia cry it out. Oh well! In general, we are glad to have them in the same room, and I think they'll like it too when they're a bit older.

Here is a cute shot of Magdalena and Dada today:

From 12 December 2009

p.s. Just checked Lucia's stats at 2 months - 13 lbs, 24 inches, and 39.5 cm head circumference.

2 comments:

  1. Cute shot of Lena and Alex :) BTW ~ Jacoby loves your guys' Christmas card and he can get everyone's name right, except Alex. He's very proud of himself too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Jude didn't hit 15 pounds until he was 4 months old! Of course, he was a bit smaller when born and had weight issues for the first couple of months, but that is still a big difference! His length was 25 1/4 at 2 months though, so even if she is the heaviest baby she is not the longest...:) That photo of all the kids at the holiday party is so funny. I'm sorry Jude couldn't be in it this year.

    ReplyDelete