John Paul's birthday was Saturday, December 1. He is now one year old! I can't even believe it - JP's first year just flew by. I saw a newborn the other day and could barely recall when John Paul was that small (given, the baby was less than 8 lbs, and JP never weighed in below just under nine even after he dropped weight after birth).
There are so many things that I could say about John Paul. How he loves to hug, have his back scratched, giggle, be held upside-down, play peek-a-boo, drop food on the floor when he is "all done", say words like "CAH" and "APA" over and over. How he only seems to say "Mama" when he is hungry, tired, or otherwise upset. How he hates to hold still, loves to climb, adores any toy that makes noise, finds ways to make noise with other things (like pots and pans!), loves to roll cars and trucks around on the ground, and constantly keeps us on our toes.
I could also write a novel on what it is like raising three children five and under, and how it is amazingly a lot less difficult than I expected. Yes, there are challenging moments - at the top of the list is getting out the door at any given time. But all in all, it is just not as bad as I had anticipated. Maybe I'll be in for a rude awakening when (if?) we have four someday. :-)
However, since I'm short on free time and I just want to get the pics up, I won't say more on any of the subjects above. I will say that we had a great Thanksgiving in Eugene at my Avo's house, and have been getting ready for Christmas since the very next day when we got our Christmas tree! I just LOVE the Christmas season, and putting up the tree, decorating the house, wrapping presents, and doing Christmas things are some of my very favorite and heart-warming things to do. And to top it all off, I feel so blessed every single day - every moment I have with my husband and three wonderful children - the overwhelming love and gratitude in my heart beyond anything I could have ever imagined for my life.
 |
| Happy First Birthday John Paul Jones! |
 |
| JP mini-cake: two layers, bottom red, top green (thanks to food coloring fun!) |
 |
| Hmmm... |
 |
| I guess I'll try it... |
 |
| Green frosting tastes good! |
 |
| Green cake, pretty good too! |
 |
| Oh yeah, SO good!! |
 |
| Guess he's almost done (see how he's trying to drop it over the side?) |
 |
| All done! |
 |
| The girls enjoyed the cake too - they got a few colored layers but chocolate frosting :-) |
 |
| Here are all the cupcakes in red and green |
 |
| A few weeks ago - pushing on this music walker thing |
 |
| The only picture I took at Thanksgiving at Avo's - you can see her feet in the top. Setting up the PnP was quite a feat considering we were in her small basement apartment of 2 rooms and a bathroom about 25'x25' only! |
 |
| Oh yeah, at the Christmas tree lot - day after Thanksgiving! |
 |
| We went to the Grotto's Festival of Lights on Saturday evening after Mass |
 |
| attempt at a self-family portrait (didn't work, but Lucia looks cute!) |
 |
| The girls really loved petting the bunnies! |
That's all for now, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment