Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hawaii for Spring Break

Actually we have now been to a Hawaiian Island three times: First time on Kauai with Lucia, second time on Maui with Lucia and Magdalena (and the Cornetts!), and now the third time - back to Maui with Lucia, Magdalena, and JP - and my folks (thank heaven they decided to vacation (help!) with us!

So I just had a WHOLE POST written... and it accidentally deleted. I don't feel like re-writing it, so I'll just post the pictures... bummer :-(




JP and me at the beach Day 1:
From Blog All Seven
The girls love the lime chips we get for the beach:
From Blog All Seven
JP in his Hawaiian duds:
From Blog All Seven
Lucia and her new toy:
From Blog All Seven
Magdalena "helping" JP with his paci:
From Blog All Seven
Checking out the ocean on our Saturday adventure:
From Blog All Seven
Cute one of Magdalena at the Haiku Flower Festival that we stumbled across on Saturday:
From Blog All Seven
Lucia loves shaved ice and points out the signs with pictures to us whenever she sees them. The first one she had was "gourmet" (and expensive!) - this one is more like the fairs I remember from grade school:
From Blog All Seven
We got a coconut to share:
From Blog All Seven
I just love this expression:
From Blog All Seven
Magdalena enjoyed petting the ponies:
From Blog All Seven
Lucia got to ride a horse for the first time:
From Blog All Seven
She was SO excited!
From Blog All Seven
She couldn't stop talking about it:
From Blog All Seven
After church in Lahina today we had lunch at "Cheeseburger in Paradise." You can see the tissue sticking out of my shirt - Magdalena has a runny nose and I put one there for easy access. Totally forgot it was there for this picture!
From Blog All Seven
The girls actually did really well for a restaurant meal - colored the first bit and ate decently when the food came:
From Blog All Seven
Next we walked to the 139 year old Banyan tree - there was a lot of people displaying and selling art there today, unlike when Alex and E Ben took Lucia and Jude in November of 2010.
From Blog All Seven
Here is our family of five enjoying the tropical weather!
From Blog All Seven

2 comments:

  1. Aahh, looking at these photos makes me pine for Hawaii as I sit in the rainy, chilly Portland weather!! The vacation looks awesome and having grandparents there with you I'm sure is a HUGE help. Glad you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the sun looks heavenly! How fun to vacation all together. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete