Monday, February 20, 2012

Wine Tasting Weekend

Alex and I took advantage of President's Day by going wine tasting on Sunday and staying at a B&;B, then returning home Monday morning. We went to five terrific wineries:
Domaine Drouhin, Domaine Serene, and Penner Ash on Sunday, then to the Four Graces and Torii Mor (my personal favorite) on Monday. We bought 12 bottles of wine, joined the Torii Mor Wine Club (so we can get free tastings for up to 4 people for a year!), and a case of a Pinot Noir Reserve for Alex's cousin's wedding gift this March (future husband has been VERY helpful to us in helping renegotiate our laundromat lease, so we wanted to get them something extra special!).

The B&B was quaint and had terrific food, but I can't say I'd recommend it as the water was pumped from a well and not fit to drink. They gave us 4 water bottles, but both Alex and I drink tons of water (especially after drinking lots of wine!), so it was not ideal for us. I'm not going to post their name, but if you are worried that you may inadvertently choose this place and don't want to, just email me and I'll tell you where it was. Dinner at Red Hills Provincial Dining, however, I can wholeheartedly recommend. YUMMY!

Ama and Apa stayed home with ALL THREE kids - this was my first night away from John Paul. They were all in one piece when we got home, so everyone was a winner. :-)


Here we are at our first winery:
From Blog All Seven
And here are the kids enjoying some quality crib time together back home...
From Blog All Seven

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! Taking some quality time together. Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so nice and you guys look great, glad your time away went so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Ands! How fun to go off together and finding the time even with 3 little ones :) Cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both photos are keepers, for sure. You and Alex look like two teenagers out on a hot date! And all three kids in the crib are sooooo amazingly cute. So cute. Really. Seriously!
    - Aimee

    ReplyDelete