Today is John Paul's 2nd month birthday. He went in for his first set of immunizations and his 2 month visit. Checking in at a WHOPPING 15 pounds 1 ounce and 25 inches long, JP is literally off the growth charts for a 2 month old. So our over 99th percentile baby is in size 3 diapers and almost has outgrown his 3-6 month clothes that are made for babies up to 16 lbs. Wow! He continues to be a very good natured little boy, getting over his first cough (doc said the fluid is not in his lungs, just a normal cough, and to keep the humidifier going at night). He has about 1 inch left in his bassinet so will be transitioning to the crib within this next week. He is smiling a lot more and still just a little love! We love you John Paul!
Also, the girls have been going through an interesting pajama phase. Both of them refuse pant pajamas anymore, preferring to wear nighties instead. Since Magdalena did not have any official nightie PJs and both of Lucia's were hand-me-downs, I bought them each three new nighties - matching, of course. :-) They are now officially in love with the new Minnie Mouse, Hello Kitty, and Cupcake nighties they both have, and wore the cupcake ones to school today for Pajama Day! Magdalena actually throws a big fit to remove the nighties in the morning now, so we have to employ lots of diversionary tactics to get her to get dressed - AND she is showing Lucia's preference for dresses, so all the pants and cute shirts are OUT for the time being. I'm lucky if I can convince her to wear leggings under her dresses (both of us dislike tights, though Lucia loves them and I'm sure Magdalena will too in a year or so).
Magdalena also goes pee-pee and POOP on the potty now! There are a few caveats to this. First: she prefers the little potty on the floor, though she will go in the big one if need be. Second: she still likes to wear a diaper with panties on top even during awake hours. Third: she has been known to poop in the panties if there is no diaper, so until she has completely controlled this urge, I am content to let her wear the diaper still - usually it is dry when we take it off her for potty time (unless just after nap or first thing in the morning - though in both cases she has woken up with a dry diaper on occasion). Fourth: she still refuses to use the potty at school - both the little one and the Bob the Builder insert on the big one, though all the teachers have tried to take her, and I have even tried twice myself. Fifth: she HAS gone in two other places besides home, though. First at the mall with Alex and second at our neighbor's house with me. Not sure why these are more appealing than the ones at school. Oh well!
Regardless, I have to say that I am shocked - SHOCKED - with how much easier it has been to potty train Magdalena than it was to do so for Lucia. Whether it was starting Lucia too early and doing it on-again, off-again or just their personalities, Magdalena has really taken to the potty and doesn't even need the reward of MnMs (though Lucia reminds me about the MnMs after Magdalena poops since she (Lucia) gets them too for now!). She just likes to be praised verbally and won't stop saying "LOOK!" until you tell her "Good Job Magdalena!!!" I think her primary love language may turn out to be Words of Affirmation. :-)
Here are some pics for our post:
Hello Kitty and reading with Apa:
JP gearing up for his doctor's appointment, fully filling out that 3-6 month sleeper!:
Girls in cupcake nighties and silver sparkly shoes :-)
Daddy and JP:
Couldn't decide which one I liked best, so I posted both:
WOW - I cannot believe JP's size. Well, maybe I can, given how prolific your milk supply is!! It's great how healthy he is and also great to see the girls really bonding in so many ways.
ReplyDeleteWow, what great news about potty training. Miles is making consistent progress as well. What a relief!
ReplyDelete