I just read a friend's post about savoring the special time with her second, and probably last, baby, and it made me reflect a bit more on the third child.
With John Paul, I feel like every single second is precious - I cannot believe how fast the time flies! He is already 5 weeks old and it seems like he was born just yesterday. I am so aware that each day he is the smallest he will ever be, and every day he seems to get so much bigger!
Another thing that I was not expecting is how much I am aware of the love I have for him beyond just the routine of taking care of him and being with him. Obviously parents love all their children from the very first moment they hold them in their arms (usually before that even!), but it is like since I know what is coming as he grows up, I know that he'll be so much fun and I will love being with him so much - it spills over to this infant time where with the first, and to some extent even the second, I didn't have this keen awareness of the love I felt for this very small infant stage. I hope that makes sense, it is quite hard to articulate this feeling.
At any rate, I have to say that despite the challenges of three children (the biggest one so far being trying to get out the door at any given time for any given reason with the whole family!), I am so happy to have another infant. Time and God can only tell whether we'll have yet another Jones Baby in the future.
Here are some pics of JP - the first is one my mom took in his entire Baptism garment that she bought. Recall from the last post how she tried to tell me that it FIT him... This is when he is just 3 weeks 3 days old:
| From Blog All Six |
| From Blog All Seven |
What a handsome guy! I think he looks a lot like Magdalena. That suit is just too funny :) Oh and I completely relate to the feelings you have for John Paul. When Jacoby was born, I loved him but didn't quite know how to feel or what to expect. With Antonia I can understand better how to cherish and love her at every moment, because I just know how much that will grow (based on how it has with Jacoby as he's grown). So yes, I so relate! :)
ReplyDeleteAw, so sweet Andrea! You were definitely born to be a mama :-)
ReplyDelete