Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas at Last

I am finally getting to our Christmas post! The girls got up around 8 after staying up late the night before and right away got into their presents from Santa and unloaded their stockings. Despite pleading requests, we held off on the rest of the present opening until after breakfast when the whole clan could be around to join in the fun.

Despite my requests to not bring too many gifts, Lucia and Magdalena made out like bandits at Christmas! They got lots of books - for which I was very grateful as we always like to refresh our library! - and also lots of toys, with a few clothes mixed in too. JP also got plenty of gifts, mostly clothes that unfortunately he never got to wear as he is already out of 3 month clothes (at about 5 weeks!!). But also a piggy bank stocked with $20 already, and some books too.

Gift giving for adults was sparse and sporadic. I made it pretty clear that we were not buying gifts for adults and did not want anything in return - we have too much stuff, and I never know what to get other people either! But we did get some things - some good food, the game Catch Phrase that we all enjoyed playing that evening, and Sonic toothbrushes from my mom, a few other things too. Mostly, though, this Christmas was about the kids and they loved it!


Lucia and the Pinkie Pie walking talking My Little Pony that she requested from Santa:
From Blog All Seven
Magdalena largely ignored the airplane she got from Santa (though Lucia loves to play with it!) and went straight for her candy. I just let her have it as there wasn't much, and she ran around the house with a chocolate mustache all morning!
From Blog All Seven

From Blog All Seven
Reading the first book opened (seemed to be more fun to read the books than open more gifts for Magdalena - Lucia was the opposite!):
From Blog All Seven
I told Alex we wouldn't do gifts for each other either - again, we don't need anything! - but I did make him a custom calendar for work from the family:
From Blog All Seven
This was nice, mini-cupcake/muffin tins from my mom as I borrowed hers for the girls' birthday cupcakes the previous October:
From Blog All Seven
Reading the next round of books:
From Blog All Seven
Opening more books!
From Blog All Seven
Lucia got diapers for her Baby Dear. Alex jokes that now not only does he have to change real baby diapers, he is also changing the doll's diaper!
From Blog All Seven
Sitting at the table before dinner, Godfather Ryan holds John Paul:
From Blog All Seven
We had broccoli, yams, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, ham, homemade jellos (and wine!):
From Blog All Seven
Magdalena is such a picky eater - I know she'd love ham and other things if she tried them! But all she ate were yams and broccoli:
From Blog All Seven
Christian, Kyle, Alex, and Andrea - all of them with old fashioneds - signature Jones drink...
From Blog All Seven

No comments:

Post a Comment