Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Our Valentine's Day highlight was really Lucia's taking valentines to school.  Some of the moms thought ahead and either bought or had someone else buy the cute valentines that kids use in the US for them on a home leave.  We, on the other hand, used some cards I bought here and hand-wrote our own, plus added a single piece Dove chocolate to the envelope.

Lucia has been writing her letters, including her own name, by tracing dotted letters at school. I wanted her to at least sign her own name.  So I diligently wrote twenty-four valentine's cards with: Happy Valentine's Day!  Love,
(As an aside, Lucia has also learned to peel a cucumber or other vegetable at school and now routinely does it at home too.  She also learned to cut with kids scissors, something we have not purchased but now have thanks to a party favor.)

The first two she traced by herself.  Then she wanted me to hold her hand and help her write (I have seen the teachers do this sometimes, so I offered in order to keep her involved).  Then at the end, she did a few more by herself.  She also really enjoyed stuffing the envelopes with the chocolate, and eating the "three, because I'm three" that I allowed her to have as well. :-)



Here we are - making valentines!
From Blog All Four
Smile!
From Blog All Four
Mmmm.... Chocolate!
From Blog All Four

p.s. If you want to print these traceable letters, here is a site that has tons of names and you can print a page: Preschool Print Activities, and here is one for the alphabet letters: Kids Learning Station

2 comments:

  1. your valentines day sounds a lot like ours... from the attempts to write Nora (which she can kinda do on some occasions) to the "two because I'm two" refrain. Thanks for the URLs - they'll come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and wow - tons of names on that first link... including Etta! I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete