Last Sunday at our complex, the six expat families had a Progressive Dinner! We went to each house, and had a lot of good food and conversation. It was such a good idea, and a nice way to celebrate the holidays. Our house was last - dessert - because I wanted to be able to hang out and talk with everyone even if the girls needed to go to bed. As it turned out, Magdalena was DONE after the soup/salad course, and I brought her home early, but the 13-year old daughter of one of our neighbors stayed at our place and did homework so that I could continue to enjoy the main courses (two families did main courses!) before returning to our place for dessert. Lucia managed to stay awake the whole time, and since she ate some sweets at the end, didn't go to bed until almost 10 pm!! It was a very late night for her!
Here are some pics of the families and our fun time.
Drinks (First Stop - though the pic was taken later) Jason & Jamie, Mark, Luke, and Alex:
Appetizers: John & Sibai and Sophia:
Soup/Salad - Jim & Julie, Nathan, Madison, and Matthias:
Kids playing during soup/salad - this was the last stop for Magdalena:
Playing again downstairs with Madison, Kenya, and Niah:
Lucia looked super cute with this Santa hat on:
Here I am with the girls just before taking Magdalena home:
Main Course One: Gary & Grace, Michael, ?? boy #2?, and Richard:
Main Course Two: Ib & Mimi, Juma, Kenya, and Niah:
Our Family (taken earlier in the evening):
All the girls (Except sleeping Magdalena, studying Madison, and Sophia who didn't go to any house but her own):
Here's the gents:
I forgot to take a picture of our desserts until the end - we made this awesome Triple Chocolate Pie with chocolate whiskey whipped cream from the Death by Chocolate cookbook, tapioca pudding, apple crisp with whipped cream, and had cookies and Ghirardelli's chocolates too. Here's the last of the pie!
Mmmmm... we ate leftover dessert for a week! :-)
oh wow-I'm on a low-carb diet right now and almost just licked the computer screen. That pie looks soooo good!
ReplyDelete