Thursday, March 11, 2010

Almost Out of the Woods

I am pleased to report that here at Jones Team Central, our highest fever victim (aka Lucia) has recently been downgraded to little-to-no fever! Thank the good Lord! She woke up this morning with no fever, and it did creep up a bit during the day. We finally figured out that the chewable Tylenol, though it says not to give to kids under 6 years, has the same dosage in one chew as her liquid 1 tspn, and is MUCH easier to palate. That keeps the headache she seems to have at bay also.

Lucia finally ate more food today, and even laughed and wanted to be tickled. I felt like I was meeting my little girl again after a long absence when we laughed together today. Lucia unfortunately takes after both parents in that she is not good at being sick. She is a very whiny sicklet, poor kiddo.

Magdalena did get a little cough and has a bit of a runny nose, but no fever and nothing to the extent Lucia got sick. I think it has mainly to do with the breastfeeding, and have all but decided to nurse her longer than I did Lucia (who nursed for 1 year 2 weeks) to get us through the flu season in China. We'll see how that goes - check back late next fall.

Alex and I have been spared the brunt of the illnesses, but Alex did get a sore throat and lost his voice yesterday. I have been awake at night with a sore throat, but nothing too bad, and it seems to stay away while I'm awake. Hopefully we'll all be in top form before too much longer.

No pictures to post of our sick family, but I did take a cute video of Magdalena this morning in her jolly jumper. I didn't have any of her really doing the crazy bouncing and moving forward and back that she does so often. But then she pooped! You can actually hear it on the video - turn it up! ... she tends to poop in the jumper a lot. We wash the cover often. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment