Lucia looks so funny in this picture to me - like she's saying "This is going to be a crazy ride!"
Kind of like our month of August! I think this may be the first month in my blogging history where I have only written 2 blogs in the month (don't think I'll be getting any more in before the end of the month on Wednesday!). I will try to faithfully recap our month, while not going into too much detail (or this post will be way too long!).
First weekend - we stayed home and did NOTHING (major, at least). This was nice as Alex and I were away from home a few weekends in July. That weekend is where this picture came from:
Oh, and these ones too - I got the girls both in cute polka dot dresses. Actually, I put Lucia in a different dress, but she insisted on her Easter dress (her favorite) and the dot combo worked out:
I do think this picture has a runway model look about it:
The next weekend was my approximately annual Girls Weekend with my wonderful college girl friends! The last one was February of 2010 before we left for China, so it had been a year and a half. This time we stayed mostly kid-free, though Julirose did bring her 4 month old Theresa up from LA to spend the weekend with us. And Friday afternoon we had all the kids playing together (Amber's two were sleeping when I took the pictures below) - so that was fun too. It's always nice to catch up with these girls, and Linden joined us for a bit this time as well, which was a fun addition. Next year hopefully we'll head to LA, and I'll be the one bringing a baby!
Lucia just LOVES holding babies - here she is holding Theresa:
Finally got them settled with a video (especially since my girls skipped their naps this day). Fun to see Magdalena and Julie's son Miles, who are only ~3 weeks apart in age!
The next weekend we had no prior plans on Saturday, so we headed to
Multnomah Village for their annual Multnomah Days parade and street fair. This was the first year we had made it to the festivities, despite Multnomah Village being about a 5 minute drive from where we live. The girls enjoyed the parade, even if they were a little gun-shy about rushing out for the candy (I was probably more concerned about their getting candy thrown by the parade people than they were!), and both of them got face painting that day as well.
Watching the fire trucks in the parade:
Magdalena and Lucia eating candy (as soon as they'd get some, they wanted to eat it!):
Some marching band players with American flags:
Lucia's double rainbow face paint:
Magdalena only sat still for one cheek to be flowered:
The day was extremely hot, and my 27-week pregnant self was VERY glad to get back to our lovely air-conditioned home! Alex headed off to do some work at the laundromat, and I fed the girls, got them to nap, and studied for my PMP exam that afternoon. I have to include this picture from lunchtime as it is such a CLASSIC Magdalena expression! She loves to roll her eyes to one side and then turn her head towards you, as though she were slowly looking your way - it is so cute!
The next day was PACKED with Church at 8, Jude's birthday celebration at Washington Park at 10, an Engaged Encounter BBQ at 3:30 - big day, but very fun!
The swings at this smaller park (not the Elephant park) have the world's longest chains. Both girls really enjoyed them, but I only have a picture of Alex pushing Magdalena:
Happy Birthday Jude! Cupcakes all around:
Magdalena basically just licked the frosting off:
This past weekend we again hung low - I took the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam on Sunday afternoon (and PASSED! Despite my fears considering we have been so busy, I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to study). Saturday morning we took the girls to Jamison park where Alex watched them and I studied. Then he kept tabs on them while I studied in the afternoon, and around 5:30 we headed across the street to celebrate Rhys' 2nd birthday with our neighbors.
On Friday night we let Magdalena have her first popcorn - she LOVED it and didn't choke at all. :-)
Sunday morning we slept in (7:15!) and went to 10 am Mass. We came home, I ate a high protein meal, headed off to the exam, went to the laundromat, came home again for a lovely BBQ and meal outside with my folks (after Lucia, Mom and I picked blackberries), Alex made a lovely blackberry crisp and we improvised by using it as a birthday cake to celebrate my dad's birthday, which is Thursday. Now the girls are in bed, I'm typing this post, wanting to go to sleep SOON as I'm completely wiped out, and tomorrow I have a work meeting in Vancouver at 7 am! Then an afternoon meeting in Hillsboro at 2:30 pm, and grocery shopping, take Lucia to swim lessons, the list goes on and on...!!!
So that is what we've been up to! Between working practically full time, studying for this exam, taking Lucia to swim lessons, going to the laundromat, and prioritizing family time (and sleep!), I have not had much time for blogging! I daresay the next few months will follow suit, what with Alex starting his Executive MBA the week after Labor Day, the girls starting a new pre-school near our home (and still going to Heaven Sent part time so I can continue to work), getting the girls to sleep in the same room, and preparing for this baby boy - we have a full slate. Who ever said life was easy? :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment