Wednesday, April 20, 2011

More Jones Family Home Fun

I've been spending a lot of time with the girls since we've been home - more than even in China it seems, since I don't have my ayi.  At least my parents are able to help out so I don't have to take them grocery shopping and have been able to get a few runs in!  I am really looking forward to NEXT week when Lucia goes to daycare three days a week, and even Magdalena will stay for an hour and a half so I can start exercising more regularly again.  That, and hopefully a job will pan out for me sometime soon.

Some funny things the girls have been doing lately - Magdalena has basically memorized most of the songs from The Sound of Music.  She often requests that I sing "Do, a female deer," and proceeds to sing along with me.  Lucia has started to NOT want me to sing along with her when she sings to a CD.  She tells me that it is "my turn!"  Both girls read a LOT, and love going to the library to read books.  Magdalena seems to prefer to sit by the shelf and just pull books out on her own - she "reads" them out loud independent of whether she's seen them before or not.  And just today, Lucia insisted on taking one of her dolls to the park where she proceeded to push her on the swings.  Very cute!

Here are some pics of our last week.


Magdalena in her Oregon hat:

From Blog All Five
Lucia has an Oregon hat too, but I think it's in the shipment:

From Blog All Five
Jude and Ada came over to play one day (thanks E Ben for watching all four kids so I could go for a run!).  I don't think he'll like this picture much when he's older...!
From Blog All Five
Alex made homemade pudding one night, and after I forced her to try it, Magdalena LOVED it and kept saying "pu-ING!"
From Blog All Five
Mmmm....
From Blog All Five
Daddy watching a movie with the girls:
From Blog All Five
The girls in their matching Gymboree dresses - I am starting to get into the dress alike thing...!
From Blog All Five
Happy Birthday to Jacoby and Antonia! Thanks for inviting us to your birthday party!
From Blog All Five
Magdalena stuffing her face with strawberries:
From Blog All Five
Mama and Lucia in the sunglasses we got from the Amandi kids birthday favors:
From Blog All Five
Magdalena feeding her baby a grape:
From Blog All Five
Happy early EASTER - In the cute bunny ears from Godmother/Auntie Kyle:
From Blog All Five

No comments:

Post a Comment