For the record - only Lucia came "on time." By that, I mean that I went into labor on my due date, though she was born the next day.
Magdalena was 8 days late... epic 26 hour labor into emergency C-section. I did have 2 rounds of acupuncture with her two days before and the day before I went into labor (which was still the day before she was born).
JP was 4 days late, though we did a "stress test" when he was only 2 days late which induced some minor contractions, and possibly lead to my water breaking the night before he was born.
So all in all, if I do nothing extra to move this along, I'm looking at this weekend. Which, as many of my friends and family know, is fine with me as the Chinese New Year of the Horse officially begins on Friday January 31.
Hear that, baby girl? Wait for Friday, but at that point we're pulling out all the stops!
| Here I am tonight - 40 weeks and 1 day |
Andrea - As always, you look great!! I had to check in to see if anything had happened...hold on baby girl, 2 more days!
ReplyDeleteSorry, Andrea, Gumbo is Gretchen :)
ReplyDeleteToo funny! I'm glad you told me who you are... I was wondering! :-)
DeleteYou look great! I hope you have a smooth, easy delivery when the time is right!
ReplyDeletewhat an auspicious gift to have for the new year! either way, i can tell it's going to be a lucky one with another jones in the house! you're a pro at this now, but good luck anyway :)
ReplyDelete