Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy Year and a Half Little Man

JP celebrated 18 months on the first of June. Doc's appointment on the 4th revealed our little man to be a whopping off-the-charts (but in line with his 1 year) 35 and 1/2 inches tall. Holy moly! I don't remember how tall the girls were at 18 months... wait just visited the growth chart! So Magdalena was 33 1/2 inches at 18 months, and Lucia was 35 inches at 2 years (don't have the growth chart for her at 18 months - and M was 37 inches at 2 years). Anyway, that is pretty tall, he is tracking off the charts. Who knows, though, as they still do it lying down and I think he stretches a bit more than if he were standing up. His weight is more nebulous. He was having none of sitting on the scale, nor standing on the "big person" one, so they had to do a delta of me holding him and not. Unfortunately he was squirmy then too, and best guess is somewhere a few pounds over 30. I'm guessing about 32, but not as much as 35 for sure (though he kid of feels like it!). JP has tons of words and lots of phrases. His most frequent phrases are "I want to drive car," "I want dat," and "Wash hands!" Of course, there is always "I want go outside!!!" He is a mover and a shaker, a get-into-places hider (frequently have lost him in our new house), and kind of a picky eater. Sometimes we still need to hold his arms down to remind him that he likes broccoli and cheese or bean and coconut milk pureed soup (mmmm!!!! with lime juice!). He loves blueberries, and has been eating the frozen ones slightly thawed by the dozen lately. This results in navy blue (ahem) poop. Disgusting, as Lucia and Magdalena would say! (Though it doesn't stop Magdalena from wanting to see his poop... strange fascination!) Here are some photos of our little man:

This series is of Magdalena trying to read to JP - super cute!  I love Magdalena's expression - something directly from her favorite Fancy Nancy books.  Taken June 2. These are from a true family movie night (Aladdin) the other night. JP refused to go down (he can cry for a VERY long time!) and stayed up to eat popcorn and watch most of the movie with the rest of us! This last one is the kids and Alex back in April - too cute to not post. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment